Skip to main content

I Know that My Redeemer Lives

Today was one of the BEST church sessions I have gone to in a long time. It was our last week as a ward, and well all got released. It was such an emotional testimony meeting but so good. As many of you know it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me to sit for longer than 45 mins, so to sit through our 2 HOUR! Meeting was amazing for me, but it was because the spirit was so strong. We all pretty much just shared our public appreciation for the ward we were blessed to be a part of. It is funny, because I came from a really great ward, but this ward is AMAZING! I really do feel like these kids are my best friends and I could not wait to go to church every week. The kids in my ward are the most inspired and spiritual kids in the world and I am so blessed to have learned from them this semester.

I took the opportunity to share my testimony with them today and I would also like to share it with you. I am so grateful to be here in Utah at Utah State. I didn’t know why I was supposed to be here and not at home at ISU, but I do know that I am here at Utah State because I needed to make these friends and learn how to make friends and not expect them. I am so grateful for all the Lord has provided for me this semester. I am so grateful for the awesome friends I have been blessed with here and the amazing examples they are to me. I am thankful for my calling as a FHE mom. Our family has been so busy with life and we haven’t had a FHE in so long, so to come up to USU and have to be in charge of that was so intimidating. I am however so glad I got the opportunity, so that when I do have a family of my own, I will know how to have a FHE of my own. I am grateful for my amazing roommates who put up with so much crap from me. There are my very best friends and the ones I tell everything to. I am so glad they are there for me and can listen for days about beauty queens and know how to make me feel better when I can’t watch Princess Diaries. When I got the job to work in the LLC I was so intimidated, but now that I have my roommates set, and have had the opportunity to get to know them because of the ward I know I can do it. I am really excited to be living with those girls next year and for the opportunity to make new friends and let my web grow. I am so grateful for all these things, and mostly for our Savior. Without him and all he does for me and has done for me in my life I would not be here today. I know this is the true church, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I am grateful for all the previous leaders I have had in my life who have brought me up to be the person I am today and am also so grateful to my family. I love you all so much! Thank you for all you have done for me and cannot wait to see you soon. I would like you all to know that I do know my Redeemer lives, and while singing that song today I couldn’t help but smile. I do know all these things to be true and am grateful for all of them to be in my life, and I write these things to you in His name. Amen.

Comments

Heather said…
Wow, I am so glad that I was able to read your testimony. I can tell that you have grown so much and that you must be in the right place. I remember wondering why I ended up at ISU and just feeling like there had to be a reason. And I am here to tell you that looking back now, there was a plan and it led me to where I am today. All of those wonderful roommates, friends, and ward members do have a profound purpose in your life and yes, it is possible to stay in touch with them and be lifelong friends. Good luck with your next step. I miss seeing you but am happy I can keep tabs on you this way. :)

Popular posts from this blog

PSA: You Didn't Win Halloween & Neither Did I

Last night my social media feed was filled with photos of friends attending their weekend parties in their Halloween costumes. There were a couple families and friend groups who were the cast of Napoleon Dynamite, a hilarious couple who went as their dogs, Curious George and the man in the Yellow Suite, and even Tess and Emily Tyler (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen from Billboard Dad). People are so creative when it comes to Halloween costumes! I am so not! But then I saw a couple’s costume I was so unbelievable uncomfortable with. alloween It was on Snapchat. Two people, one had painted himself brown to depict a character, a “hero” from a TV show we all watched in high school. Not just face painted, but arms, neck, chest. Then they added the chains. This, to that couple was a costume, but this also has a name, and that name is “blackface”. Minstrel shows started in the mid to late 19 th century, where white actors would paint their face to depict blacks on stage. The acto

Who Used All the Black Crayon?

Guys, I am used to about 14 views each post. That's it (which is weird, because I post every blog link to my family's Facebook group and there are 40 of us in there... Thanks guys!). I was not expecting that many hits on one post, but I got it, and it has sparked a lot of conversation that I feel to be very productive. I have been so honored by the respect I have been given from those who’s opinions differ from mine, and the dialogue we have been able to have on the matter of race in today's society. Some of the best conversations have come from the, "But why?" question. But why is that offensive? On Facebook I shared this Vox link , so I won't get into that, but I do want to take some time to talk about taking offense. Life is a collection of experience. After one is written into our book, the next experience will be affected because of it. In kindergarten, I had a true Corrina, Corrina experience in class, when someone asked, "Who used all

VIDEO number 1!!

i know you all (that's pretty much just you Megan) are soooo excited to see this video! it is the best! PICTURE DAY haha... so he is just funny. he kinda talks in circles like me.. AND I LOVE WHEN HE FALLS OUT OF THE CHAIR! and that boy in his class? yeah he's just stupid! it's amazing!