Skip to main content

'Kay Coach!

Last night, I promised Coach Christian (AKA boyfriend) that I would hit the gym with him this morning as long as he agreed that I could sleep in 'til 10 am. So, this morning, although I felt like poo (nice grown up word! I know!), I hit the gym. On the way Coach asked if I had a plan and I told him my plan was what whatever his plan was... clearly I was not thinking!!!

We started off with some simple stretching.. I of course made a joke out of it, playing copy cat to whatever stretch he did, except exaggerating it to a bit of an extreme. Then the workout began. It was a circuit and I was expected to run from one exercise to the next all the way to the end! IT KICKED MY BUTT! Our workout was as follows (we did 3 sets of each, one set is 15 reps [on each side if applicable]):

  • Dumbbell curls (at a weight you can do 3 sets with) paired with an oblique curl thing (with a dumbbell weighing as much as you can hold with just one hand, slowly lower the weight down below your knee, only bending at the waist, keeping your back straight and shoulders back. Then pull the weight back to home.)
  • Russian twist paired with crunches (we used a crunch machine which just gives your back more support.)
I was totally dying after the first set of these!!!!!!
  • Seated Cable Row (On the cable row machine) paired with butterflies (on the butterfly machine)

  • finally a basic tricep press (Just one set)
 Once we were done, Coach had me step onto this crazy machine. It looked like somethign the Jetson's would use.

This machine works wonders!!! If after a workout you have the opportunity to use one of these DO IT!!!! It is worth the 60 second wait if someone is already on it. You stand on it with your feet comfortably planted and push start and it just vibrates (not just-- it VIBRATES YOUR WHOLE BODY!!!) I was sure I would be sore after this workout but because of this I still don't feel it!

That being said, I still NEEDED a bath tonight... a HOT, WARM, BUBBLE BATH!

...in candlelight with my ducky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PSA: You Didn't Win Halloween & Neither Did I

Last night my social media feed was filled with photos of friends attending their weekend parties in their Halloween costumes. There were a couple families and friend groups who were the cast of Napoleon Dynamite, a hilarious couple who went as their dogs, Curious George and the man in the Yellow Suite, and even Tess and Emily Tyler (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen from Billboard Dad). People are so creative when it comes to Halloween costumes! I am so not! But then I saw a couple’s costume I was so unbelievable uncomfortable with. alloween It was on Snapchat. Two people, one had painted himself brown to depict a character, a “hero” from a TV show we all watched in high school. Not just face painted, but arms, neck, chest. Then they added the chains. This, to that couple was a costume, but this also has a name, and that name is “blackface”. Minstrel shows started in the mid to late 19 th century, where white actors would paint their face to depict blacks on stage. The acto

Who Used All the Black Crayon?

Guys, I am used to about 14 views each post. That's it (which is weird, because I post every blog link to my family's Facebook group and there are 40 of us in there... Thanks guys!). I was not expecting that many hits on one post, but I got it, and it has sparked a lot of conversation that I feel to be very productive. I have been so honored by the respect I have been given from those who’s opinions differ from mine, and the dialogue we have been able to have on the matter of race in today's society. Some of the best conversations have come from the, "But why?" question. But why is that offensive? On Facebook I shared this Vox link , so I won't get into that, but I do want to take some time to talk about taking offense. Life is a collection of experience. After one is written into our book, the next experience will be affected because of it. In kindergarten, I had a true Corrina, Corrina experience in class, when someone asked, "Who used all

I'm glad to be back...

So i love Pocatello very much!!! but here are some reasons i am glad to be back! (not in any order) 1. Although i wasn't in the Dorms last night, i heard there were 3 fire drils, thats right 3!, at 3 am. I mean really who wouldn't be glad to come back and be able to wake up to the most annoying screech in the world? 2. The really clean bathroom. Only on occasions (meaning once per day) do i walk into our bathroom to see crusty food in the sink and toilet paper rolls all over the floor. 3. Who doesn't enjoy being followed around by creepy guys who are extremely matchy matchy and still cant speak english? i mean i know i enjoy it! the best times are when your roommates look up and see them all looking at you and pointing! those are the highlight times of my week! 4.Yummy food. i mean REALLY this aint yo mom's home cookin! this stuff is full of lard... and no surprise it's what we had last week... yummmm... cereal anyone? 5. NO FLIP FLOPS or NO TOES. i seriously love m