Skip to main content

Home tomorrow




Yet another day that didn’t go my way. I’m starting to get used to these, but also missing my mommy even more. I still haven’t gone grocery shopping because I am going home tomorrow, so I have a half loaf of bread (I checked for mold and didn’t see any) and the Spaghetti O’s my mom bought me when I was home earlier this week. I also have some of the canned jam so I can have toast in the morning… can’t complain.
It’s been a rough week, because being away from my mom means I have to be responsible, and this week is showing more than ever I have a LOT of growing for that! Still trying to do the whole residency thing. It is a whole lot harder than it sounds and I really miss my mom yelling at me daily to get it done. I really am working on it though. The guy at the driver’s license place was a lot nicer than the lady at the DMV, that’s for sure… but he still made things difficult.
I got to go watch Benner play baseball today in Smithfield. They won the game I watched in 7 innings, although at the bottom of the 5th they were 10 ahead (do it the hard way, I don’t mind). I got really dark and had lots of time to work on my tan so I was okay with it! I got a couple pictures of ben batting, and was going to take a pic of the two of us, but then didn’t get to it, so nope that’s not the pic of the day… but here is a pic of him! :)





I got to go to a ward party tonight! Kirstin and I were there for 45 mins, just long enough to find out 5 of the kids in my ward have a certificate documenting that they indeed do have Swine Flu, and yes all 5 were at the ward function. Luckily it was an outside gathering and I did not shake anyone’s hand. We also didn’t eat anything there, we got out of there as soon as we finished the introduction game (that lasted 45!!! minutes!)
So now, my picture of the day is of me, sitting here on the couch. Exhausted.
Be home in less than 24 hours! Miss you so much (I cannot be home for more than 3 days because when I come back here I miss home WAY too much!)!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Used All the Black Crayon?

Guys, I am used to about 14 views each post. That's it (which is weird, because I post every blog link to my family's Facebook group and there are 40 of us in there... Thanks guys!). I was not expecting that many hits on one post, but I got it, and it has sparked a lot of conversation that I feel to be very productive. I have been so honored by the respect I have been given from those who’s opinions differ from mine, and the dialogue we have been able to have on the matter of race in today's society. Some of the best conversations have come from the, "But why?" question. But why is that offensive? On Facebook I shared this Vox link , so I won't get into that, but I do want to take some time to talk about taking offense. Life is a collection of experience. After one is written into our book, the next experience will be affected because of it. In kindergarten, I had a true Corrina, Corrina experience in class, when someone asked, "Who used all

PSA: You Didn't Win Halloween & Neither Did I

Last night my social media feed was filled with photos of friends attending their weekend parties in their Halloween costumes. There were a couple families and friend groups who were the cast of Napoleon Dynamite, a hilarious couple who went as their dogs, Curious George and the man in the Yellow Suite, and even Tess and Emily Tyler (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen from Billboard Dad). People are so creative when it comes to Halloween costumes! I am so not! But then I saw a couple’s costume I was so unbelievable uncomfortable with. alloween It was on Snapchat. Two people, one had painted himself brown to depict a character, a “hero” from a TV show we all watched in high school. Not just face painted, but arms, neck, chest. Then they added the chains. This, to that couple was a costume, but this also has a name, and that name is “blackface”. Minstrel shows started in the mid to late 19 th century, where white actors would paint their face to depict blacks on stage. The acto

VIDEO number 1!!

i know you all (that's pretty much just you Megan) are soooo excited to see this video! it is the best! PICTURE DAY haha... so he is just funny. he kinda talks in circles like me.. AND I LOVE WHEN HE FALLS OUT OF THE CHAIR! and that boy in his class? yeah he's just stupid! it's amazing!