Skip to main content

Baking days make me :]


So I'm feeling a lot better today! I didn't sleep all day and i can actually move-- SWINE FLU IS GONE!!!

Alexis is ENGAGED! It’s about time! Haha. She has been since Friday but I haven’t seen her since then (says a lot about how often we as roommates hang out!). So when I saw her today I was oh so excited! Her ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! So that was exciting! It is also Bonnie’s birthday today! For her birthday I was going to do the dishes, but when I woke up I could hear the dishes clinking. So I RAN downstairs and made her put it all down. She had already cleaned the kitchen though, stinkin’ brat! But got the dishes done… 2 FULL loads, then a few extra dishes waitin’ in the washer now. Next we (meaning I) went grocery shopping. I did so well today! I got all the stuff on my list, and didn’t even get myself a prize…

you see, i hate going grocery shopping, so i reward myself for going by getting a prize. some days it is nail stuff, others it is a treat, and my favorite is when the new cosmo comes out! today i could have gone back to get like a new movie or like a really yummy treat (except I knew i would be baking today so no treats!). i should have gotten some makeup or some lip stuff. i don’t know, but what this comes down to is i owe myself a prize, maybe even a big one for waiting, for being such a good shopper today and getting all the stuff i needed. someone should tell me “good job!”


Here is another tangent! When I am using my GPS it will tell me to “turn right in 500 miles.” I think that after I turn it should say “good job, Sara!” or like “that turn could be worked on.” Like I wish it was a little more interactive and told me that I was doing good driving. It would make me happy and probably a little more confident. I wonder thought, what would it say to me when I drive off the road (yeah it’s only happened once)? But yeah I wish my GPS complimented me.

After I went grocery shopping, I made Bonny Boo some birthday cookies! They are cake batter cookies with blue icing (the picture of the day!!!) and once I was done with that I made dinner. Yummy empanadas, yup Dawna, the ones you taught me how to make! They were so yumm! I was also going to make a caramel apple one but we have lots of cookies, so the empanada is going to have to wait.
Now, as I just sit here watching a re-run of the BET awards I am amazed by B’s vocal cords! She is AMAZING and I want to meet her one day maybe? Haha
That’s all. Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Used All the Black Crayon?

Guys, I am used to about 14 views each post. That's it (which is weird, because I post every blog link to my family's Facebook group and there are 40 of us in there... Thanks guys!). I was not expecting that many hits on one post, but I got it, and it has sparked a lot of conversation that I feel to be very productive. I have been so honored by the respect I have been given from those who’s opinions differ from mine, and the dialogue we have been able to have on the matter of race in today's society. Some of the best conversations have come from the, "But why?" question. But why is that offensive? On Facebook I shared this Vox link , so I won't get into that, but I do want to take some time to talk about taking offense. Life is a collection of experience. After one is written into our book, the next experience will be affected because of it. In kindergarten, I had a true Corrina, Corrina experience in class, when someone asked, "Who used all

PSA: You Didn't Win Halloween & Neither Did I

Last night my social media feed was filled with photos of friends attending their weekend parties in their Halloween costumes. There were a couple families and friend groups who were the cast of Napoleon Dynamite, a hilarious couple who went as their dogs, Curious George and the man in the Yellow Suite, and even Tess and Emily Tyler (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen from Billboard Dad). People are so creative when it comes to Halloween costumes! I am so not! But then I saw a couple’s costume I was so unbelievable uncomfortable with. alloween It was on Snapchat. Two people, one had painted himself brown to depict a character, a “hero” from a TV show we all watched in high school. Not just face painted, but arms, neck, chest. Then they added the chains. This, to that couple was a costume, but this also has a name, and that name is “blackface”. Minstrel shows started in the mid to late 19 th century, where white actors would paint their face to depict blacks on stage. The acto

VIDEO number 1!!

i know you all (that's pretty much just you Megan) are soooo excited to see this video! it is the best! PICTURE DAY haha... so he is just funny. he kinda talks in circles like me.. AND I LOVE WHEN HE FALLS OUT OF THE CHAIR! and that boy in his class? yeah he's just stupid! it's amazing!