Skip to main content

That's My Resident!!!!!

Yesterday was a good day other than the fact that my sister almost dies. Glad it wasn’t four more inches sis!

My daddy and uncle Tony came to Logan for a few hours to help me fix my car, or at least to help me get the car to the repair shop. We then went to eat at Aggy’s. Yumm yumm! I was so happy to see them both, even though it had only been a week since I saw them last.

My car is now fixed! Oscar, the mechanic at Toyota was so kind! He said that whoever tried to fix it last had “good intentions” (he said that in case I knew the person who “fixed” the problem. They put a part into my car that is not compatible with my car then painted it to make it look like it belonged… because the paint is going to fix it right? But he fixed it and although we thought it was going to cost $100 to $200 to fix, it was only $70.12.

I then went to the basketball game… and I’m telling you if you have not been to an Aggie basketball game in the Spectrum… you have not seen basketball. I went with my roommates, which just added to the excitement. Then the golden girls did halftime. Okay 55+ old ladies dancing and shimmying, cutest thing EVER! They are arguably better then the Aggie Dance Crew.

Al almost then end of the game they announced the “player of the Game”, EJ Ferris, and instinctively I stand up and yell, “THAT’S MY RESIDENT!!!!!” EJ lives upstairs and for some reason I was on one. I don’t know EJ very well but I do my best to recognize my residents in the LLC… Okay, let’s be honest, I don’t think EJ knows I even exist, but he is still my resident. It is hard to be an RHA Exec and meet everyone okay? Regardless I stand and yell this while the whole rest of the student population was sitting, silent! Talk about CREMATED TURTLE (awkward!)!!!

With 3 minutes left in the game I helped “that girl” (that’s what we have been calling her in the apartment) get on TV because it was her 20th birthday and she couldn’t think of a better place than the spectrum to celebrate (that essentially what her sign said). I don’t blame her.

After the game we were walking home and got to watch the “A” turn blue. This is cool experience and I had just expressed to my “team” that I had never seen it happen. We looked up and Duhhhhhh Duhhhhhh Duhhhhh…. DUN! DUN! BLUE! I can now be a true True Aggie. My life is complete.

At then end of the night as I was writing my bid, which I should have been doing ALL DAY, I attempted to put my hair in a ponytail. SUCCESS! Yup, you heard it here first… well read it, and here third because I posted it on Facebook then texted it to my friend. This is a very exciting moment for me every time I cut my hair! Ponytails are essential in life.

Ponytail or die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PSA: You Didn't Win Halloween & Neither Did I

Last night my social media feed was filled with photos of friends attending their weekend parties in their Halloween costumes. There were a couple families and friend groups who were the cast of Napoleon Dynamite, a hilarious couple who went as their dogs, Curious George and the man in the Yellow Suite, and even Tess and Emily Tyler (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen from Billboard Dad). People are so creative when it comes to Halloween costumes! I am so not! But then I saw a couple’s costume I was so unbelievable uncomfortable with. alloween It was on Snapchat. Two people, one had painted himself brown to depict a character, a “hero” from a TV show we all watched in high school. Not just face painted, but arms, neck, chest. Then they added the chains. This, to that couple was a costume, but this also has a name, and that name is “blackface”. Minstrel shows started in the mid to late 19 th century, where white actors would paint their face to depict blacks on stage. The acto

Who Used All the Black Crayon?

Guys, I am used to about 14 views each post. That's it (which is weird, because I post every blog link to my family's Facebook group and there are 40 of us in there... Thanks guys!). I was not expecting that many hits on one post, but I got it, and it has sparked a lot of conversation that I feel to be very productive. I have been so honored by the respect I have been given from those who’s opinions differ from mine, and the dialogue we have been able to have on the matter of race in today's society. Some of the best conversations have come from the, "But why?" question. But why is that offensive? On Facebook I shared this Vox link , so I won't get into that, but I do want to take some time to talk about taking offense. Life is a collection of experience. After one is written into our book, the next experience will be affected because of it. In kindergarten, I had a true Corrina, Corrina experience in class, when someone asked, "Who used all

VIDEO number 1!!

i know you all (that's pretty much just you Megan) are soooo excited to see this video! it is the best! PICTURE DAY haha... so he is just funny. he kinda talks in circles like me.. AND I LOVE WHEN HE FALLS OUT OF THE CHAIR! and that boy in his class? yeah he's just stupid! it's amazing!